Ticker to Goal

Wednesday 21 December 2011

All filled up :oD

I am a very happy girlie! Not that you would have thought so at 11:40 while I was sobbing away to the nurse who was doing my fill. She started telling me how I need to be eating solid foods, without sauce, chewing carefully, no more than a side plate portions etc and the flood gates opened. I really went for it. How I'd spent all this money and didn't know what else to do and am trying so hard and everybody is expecting it to just drop off me now blah blah blah. I'm sure everyone reading this gets it but I'm not sure the nurse did. She looked totally horrified. 

However this fill went much better than the x ray fill I had done. She decided I could have 2 ml and that stopped me crying. Then she sucked out 4 ml!! I had been told the band was empty after surgery so I was really shocked as they only put in 2.5 ml at my first fill. She made me have a cup of coffee and some water before I left but all was well so I have come home, had a bowl of soup, several glasses of squash and so far so good. Me and my band with 6 ml in!! The only way is down from here! :oD xx

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

I know what you mean.

Many people were surprised I hadn't lost 100 lbs already after the first month being banded, and many were surprised when I was 6 months out and 50 lbs down. I guess there are people on both ends of the spectrum. Some people think the band is like RNY and others think it doesn't work at all. :)

By the way, thanks for the follow!

RockBand Barbie said...

I totally get it. It is so annoying to me when people ask me every few days how much I have lost. I have to say I have no idea...I don't weigh myself every day.

Sam said...

I hope this fill works well for you. My doctor always draws everything out before he tops me up, he sees it as a good way to check that there are no problems and can check it against the last reported fill measure. I glad the nurse did that for this time!

Cat said...

I there! Saw you were following me and decided to stop over and say hi! I look forward to getting to know you. Good luck with this fill. Hope its a good one for you!