Ticker to Goal

Monday 4 February 2013

Monday motivation.

Well my new found motivation from the new year didn't last so well did they. I've been really struggling. I am fighting to keep at the weight I was when I got back from Florida in August and I go to Mexico in less than 8 weeks. Everywhere I go people are tempting me with cake and biscuits like they never have before. I cannot hold my day together enough to scrawl a sentence or 2 on here let alone work out for any extended period although I have been better at the gym than blogging.

Today, I did something drastic and very naughty for a bandster. I went to see my old Cambridge diet lady and have put myself back on a shakes and meal replacements. In all honesty, I don't know if I'm doing it because I need the sugar detox or because I need to reset the general sorts of foods I am eating. My plan is to do it for a couple of weeks and then gradually reintroduce some protein foods until I am working the keto thing Ronnie styleeeeee. Of course I may keep at it all the way until Mexico. I want AT LEAST 21 lbs off. I have some old summery clothes that will fit at that weight and some new bikinis which will look a lot better there rather than where I am now.

I haven't told A2 yet (or Andy as he will be known from now on). I don't think he will approve at all. He's skiing this week and I miss him like crazy but since I am away for 2 weeks laying by a pool and jumping in the ocean in a bikini without him, I have to grin and bear it. I've discussed it with my consultant and she thinks it might be worth if I have to eat (usually once/twice a week) I stick to a very strict carb free plan. He will understand that. My work colleagues will understand that at our work meal on Friday. I can work round that on Valentine's day. In the mean time, I can force myself to stick to this. I can. I will.

Has anyone else done a shake diet post band? Was it better/easier than pre band? I'll be posting here. I'm going to try and do something little every day.

Finally, I just want to say a massive congratulations to Ronnie. She was my major motivation in trying online dating. I hope Andy and I can be as happy as you and Stephen are. And also to Laura . You are going to be one pretty amazing mummy my girl. I'm majorly excited for you and can't wait to read all your baby blog installments.

I've got to do some catch up blogging but that will take time. Sorry if I've missed anyone. xx

7 comments:

RockBand Barbie said...

I didn't do shakes ever...not before or even just after surgery. I can't stand them...but I wish you the best of luck with it :)

Ask Me About My Band, My Lap-Band said...

I drink a shake or two every day still. I really don't have the option to eat protein bars. We have severe nut allergies here at house so, I can't find too many bars without.

Cheri said...

I've been out of touch...congratulations on Andy!!! Last I was reading online dating was NOT going so well, so glad to hear it paid off!!!!

I hope the diet idea gives you the "reset" you are looking for. I think different things work for different people (not to state the obvious, lol). I think it helps to know what is triggering for you/what you need for support for that trigger.

If you are looking to detox from sugar, are the shakes high in sugar? Is the diet very calorically restrictive, and prone to set you on a starve/binge cycle? Or is it going to give you structure you want and take away some decisions you don't want to bother with?

Just some first questions that come to my mind!

Unknown said...

I have a shake pretty much every morning and sometimes in the afternoons too. Seems to be working pretty well. Keep us posted!

Run, Chelle, Run! said...

I was never able to stick with the shakes...not sure why. I tried Slim Fast back in the day! I do know the feeling of needing a detox or a reset...see how it goes for you, and if it doesn't work, try something else!

MandaPanda said...

I had a hard enough time doing shakes while recovering from surgery. I couldn't stand them. Good luck!

Laura Belle said...

Awwww, thanks girl!!!