Ticker to Goal

Monday 18 February 2013

Love is all around


Hello Blogland, happy belated Valentine's day. I am a very happy and extremely lucky girl. I have been trying hard with my shake diet but I haven't mastered the self restraint I showed on day 3.

Andy and I had a really wonderful 3 course dinner (Baked Camembert, lamb shanks in garlic, rosemary and red wine gravy with green veg and minted new potatoes and a raspberry, cream and chocolate topped shortbread dessert). I went to a great deal of effort. It was really important to me that I made an effort. I didn't want it to be like any other date night. I even got dressed up. He was in a foul mood though. He turned up with roses and was really sweet until I gave him his presents. Then he turned into some hideous ungrateful monster. I took the present bag back off him and only gave it back once he snapped out of it. That only happened once he realised how much effort I had put into dinner. Boys are silly sometimes. Other times they do silly sweet things that melt your heart.


Just in case you don't know, peanut butter chocolates are new to the UK. Andy has a stash of the tiny little miniature ones . I only ever have one or 2 at a time. I will be strong. I am on half term break this week. I will go to the gym every single day. I have one chocolate per day. 44 calories each. I can work that off easy peasy. It's a nice little treat though and much more helpful than his previous "just don't eat it" or "I'm not coming over if you don't go to the gym comments."

We had a proper Sunday dinner yesterday. He bought a joint of topside of beef. I can hear you all rolling your eyes. I cooked it. Parts of it was tender but, yes, I got stuck fairly quickly. And of course not just a little stuck. I hadn't noticed right away (so sue me I was hungry and not taking enough notice).  I really like that we can be open enough with each other now. The first conversation went like this:

(I get up and walk out of the living room)
A: You ok?
Me: Depends on how you define ok.
A: You going to throw up?
Me: Yep.
A: Ok. (Carries on eating dinner)

Four trips to the bathroom later the offending piece finally dislodged itself. I had managed to make a bit of a drama out of the whole thing though. I was even at one point curled up next to him on the sofa with him checking it had happened before and I didn't need rushing to A&E.

I finished at my school on Friday. I had a ton of presents and cards. These are just about half of them. Can you say spoiled rotten?


I shall miss my class like crazy. They were real sweeties but I am excited about what might or might not come next. I have so much more confidence than I did when I left my last school and I am certain I will find just the right job soon. For now I think doing some supply and not half a ton of planning and assessment stuff will be a welcome change. More time for getting to the gym on a daily basis.

Hmmmm. Maybe it's not such a good thing ;o) xx


5 comments:

Cheri said...

Beautiful flowers!!

Vanessa said...

Peanut Butter cups are my favorite! I'm impressed with your willpower to only have one mini!

Unknown said...

I love PB Cups! Yum!!! Beautiful flowers!!

Run, Chelle, Run! said...

Peanut butter & chocolate is just about my favorite thing in the world. Sounds like a decent Valentine's Day all around!

Rhonda said...

Not coming over if you don't go to the gym? I hope he was joking! I'd say, "See you around, then!"